ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO mag, Clio200

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Good review/write up. I never a big fan of the 197, not quick enough or fun enough IMO. Every head to head review with the Trophy I read agreed with this (Evo, PC mag) and the Trophy was slightly quicker around Bedford (same driver same day).

Looks like the 200 blows them both away. 10mph quicker apex speeds over the final 2 corners at Bedford, quicker steering rack, quicker in a straight line. Can't wait for a test drive TBH. And I suppose you can't see the front from the drivers seat:rasp:.

You've got to give it to Renault.. They certainly know what they are doing when it comes to hot hatches

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You've got to give it to Renault.. They certainly know what they are doing when it comes to hot hatches
It's the constant evolution that's impressive. The Meg started out ordinary, but the R26 was outstanding.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I just liked the "underachieving 197" and "it was a bit slow" comments... ;)

200 looks much improved!

All the reviews have been full of praise, iirc Autocar were amazed by it. Unfortunately most CS'ers can't see past the looks (I drive an Ignis Sport, btw ;))

Considering we're bound to get at least 1 or 2 more 'revisions' I think it's fair to say Renaultsport have created a monster yet again.

AK

M240i
Got evo delivered yesterday, will have a read of it today.. didn't actually realise there was a 200 review LOL.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I would like to drive one, would never buy one but I feel the need to understand what all they hype is about!

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
Got evo delivered yesterday, will have a read of it today.. didn't actually realise there was a 200 review LOL.
Bugger, don't think mine came through the post. I'm definitely warming to the looks, and going by what everyone who's driven one says, I look forward to picking up a cherished example in a few years when the prices are within reach. Jealous of anyone who can afford to nab one from new!

2005 Cliosport 182
Some days i like the 200, other days i dont...depends on the colour, white is the only one that looks good that ive seen tbh. Very impressive machine though, just not as pretty as previous clios.

They used an Alien Green one on EVO probably to make it look half decent with the black front end ;) will have a read later on!