ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo 9 spinning at 180mph

What happened though, seems a bit odd?

The removed the rear wing and so when he lifted off the rear spolier wasn't there theres no downforce and the back stepped out.

Its a good reason why the Suburu /eVo don't do no spolier versions even though the market would like them.

Leon Cupra 300
Think one of the Jap Spec C's doesn't have a spoiler as standard!

Just not designed to do those sort of speeds. period.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
I dont understand any of this crap you lot are saying can anyone talk normall, surly if the back end came up they wud have been better putting a spoiler on to prevent tht

but it does look on purpose to me also,

Nippy white cup
Yep he was going for a top speed run so the less downforce the better...although try telling him that now lol

Chris

CB600FS
I dont understand any of this crap you lot are saying can anyone talk normall, surly if the back end came up they wud have been better putting a spoiler on to prevent tht

but it does look on purpose to me also,

Read the blokes description of the video...

MKIII 138
if it wasnt a super 4wd technical dream machine + proper designed weight distritbution, aerodynamics would it just have rolled and killed the guy

A small video of my car spining at the MLR 30-130 day at RAF Marham 03/11/07 - previous run of 182mph went fine, second run i removed the rear spoiler as it was bending alot at high speed; i hoped it would give me another 10mph, instead it gave me zero down force and zero stability once i came off the gas!

Surely someone should have said something like "Err, mate, you do realise a spoiler isn't just for show..."

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Genius, that grass overrun must have been dry.

Fair play for trying it, but common sense would stop me short of removing the rear wing.

FF Blackgold 182
Agreed that if he'd have both hands on the wheel, he could have probably controlled it a bit better. Wtf is that music at the start of the clip? It's a rather bizarre choice to say the least. :S