ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EvilJohns Megane back from repair (couple of extras done)

Rb 182
We went and picked it up this morning and really chuffed with it, spot on job.

Went from this

KIF_1308.jpg

KIF_1301.jpg

to this, got the coupe badges removed

100_2096.jpg

100_2095.jpg

100_2097.jpg

100_2098.jpg

100_2094.jpg

100_2093.jpg

Also got a scenic boot strip painted (Buttonless)

100_2099.jpg

And the engine cover

100_2100.jpg

100_2101.jpg

100_2102.jpg

Banana
Nice :approve: Looks like they did a spot on job. Did you manage to get the other painted bits tied in with the repair bill ? ;)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Lookms like a good repair.

Can't you do what the Vauxhall XE guys do with the throttle cable? Re-route around the back of the engine and bring it up the other side. Will tidy things up no end.

Rb 182

Can't you do what the Vauxhall XE guys do with the throttle cable? Re-route around the back of the engine and bring it up the other side. Will tidy things up no end.

Any pics of this??

Dont really understand what you mean?!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
looks good mate, get the fuel rail cover or what ever its called polished up like they do on the 2.0 16v's will look much better! could also get the engine mount done if you could be bothered lol

Guess it's just me who thinks they can see rubbing down marks and a difference in colour on the panel then. Maybe it's just the light in one of the shots who knows.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Just a box standard Megane, should mod it sligly lower it, wheels or should have bought a yellow Megane coupe 2.0 :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
looks good mate, get the fuel rail cover or what ever its called polished up like they do on the 2.0 16v's will look much better! could also get the engine mount done if you could be bothered lol

Gonna paint it anthracite along with quite a few other things, may need to get it half polished first though to get a good finish on it. Same with teh engine mount. Got plenty more to do under the bonnet , this is just the start of it!

Guess it's just me who thinks they can see rubbing down marks and a difference in colour on the panel then. Maybe it's just the light in one of the shots who knows.

I hope its just the pics! Looks pretty damn good in real life!

Glad it got sorted mate...what happened to the bint that drove into you?

Never been told of anything so I assume nothing :(

Just a box standard Megane, should mod it sligly lower it, wheels or should have bought a yellow Megane coupe 2.0 :)

Well thats not strictly true now is it? It may not be extensively modded but there have been quite a few subtle things done to it in the 2 months Ive owned it. Also have new wheels that will be getting refurbed it going lower, getting an exhaust along with a fair few other things but will remain subtle. But thanks for showing me the light :rolleyes:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

Any pics of this??

Dont really understand what you mean?!
I cannae find any pic's on MIG but i've knocked up a little work of art in MS Paint to give you a rough idea.

The broken yellow line is obviously where the cable would be out of sight.

Looking at the picture again, if that route left too much slack, you could even run it around the airbox/resonator and through the lifting eye on the side of the block.

Attachments

• 100_2101.jpg
    100_2101.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 50