ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Everyone's selling their 200's?

Megane r26
i've recently chopped my 172 in for my 197, i do miss the old raw feeling of the 172 but the 197 feels alot more planted in the corners as standard. To be honest the 197/200 is a whole totally different driving experience compared to a ph2, performance wise i'd say there on par but handling wise i love my 197. Wouldn't mind another172 for a little track toy though ;)

RB FF 200 CUP
More than happy with mine- as KMB said go a little easy on the right foot and mpg aint too bad
Still nice to have some power when you need it;)

Nissan 350z
Same. Given the way the Mk4 Clio is shaping up with its 1.6T and 5 door fail im seriously considering purchasing my 200 at the end of the deal instead of trading in. It all depends what other PCP's are available at the time mine ends as it would be silly to turn down another similar £200 month offer for a newer model but we will see.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Useful thread, has almost convinced me that when the Ignis finally goes, a non-cupped 200 will replace it.

I do 50 miles each day on country B-roads, lots of dips, crests, and lumpy/crumbly tarmac, cup or not cupped? Hmm.

A 172 cup has 99% of the fun factor/driving experiance of a 200cup but for 1/4 of the price, plus its quicker than the 200 and yes i have driven both.
The 172 cups arn't new surly to compair like with like you have to find out what a 1 year old cup and 200 were worth.

Suzuki Jimny
Bored of the polo already?

Will there be any cheap deals from renault when they sell up the final 200's?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I still haven't gotten over you saying you're going to sell the Cup :(

I've finally grown up/wimped out.

Much as I thought i'd never say it, I want something standard, something I can stick the girls in the back of with ease, something with real world pace...not just track pace, and fun thrown in as well.

I'm taking the Ignis around Goodwood next weekend, and the thought of just rocking up and driving instead of having to swap wheels and unload tools etc. before I can even get going makes me moist tbh.

A non cupped 200 will pound it's way along my commute, take my family with ease, and still provide max LOLS on track.

Plus the fact that no one wants them means they are an absolute steal at the moment.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
There must be more to it than just walking through the Renault dealer door, signing on the dotted line, then paying yer £199 a month....

I went into Renault 3 years ago and thought i'd treat myself to a new 197 after splitting up with the missus.

To get that £199 a month it had to be a new car to qualfy for 0% APR
I'd have to chop my 172 in with a trade in value of 3K
By the end of the loan deal there was a settlement figure of around 3K, you either pay the 3K there and then or take out finance.

So, you trade in your car, make the monthly payments, no probs. But then save up that 3K 'final' payment at the same time so you get to own the car outright. If you can't you then finance the 3K over the next 2-3 years, bearing in mind the car will be 5-6 years old by the time you eventually pay it off, massive depreciation so it's not worth what you've paid out on it.

Other option, give the car back after the £199, 2 years stint ends. Cool, so the keys are handed back, no car and you've lost the 3k car you traded in 2 years ago.

That's all without factoring insurance payment and running costs on top. I've seen mates buy new cars not thinking the deal through then end up selling on within a year when it gets too much for them.

Tangoed Works
Moral of the story, buy house first When young and then When your still pretty young but used to mortgage choose a nice car. You will be more financially frugal and won't lose s**t loads of cash with marketing hype. Remember you can never win when you buy a car unless you buy classics / collectables.