ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evening Ladies!

Howdo all!
Ventured over to the French side it seems, something I never thought id even consider doing haha.
But the 172 ticks all the boxes for my next venture.

Anyway, I'm Toby, I'm a guy, I'm from Wolverhampton, I'm 25 and I currently drive this...

10648615_10154921249745154_7206553031558878449_o.jpg

After 7 years of ownership I've decided its time to move on, to pastures new.
Hopefully soon, ill be making my mark on a clio of some shape.
So yeah, expect to see me about asking noob questions and whatnot.

PS, if any of you guys wanna try a real car...
http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=337917#entry2645696

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome to CS me and @Don are your local reps, there is an upcoming meet in your area soon. Check out the West Midlands region section to find out more, we hope to see you there.

Cheers guys!
Will have a look at the local stuff, I saw the evo triangle thing... that's something id love to do.

Probably have to be a member, yeah! But if anyone is actually interested in the polo, PM me lol.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers guys!
Will have a look at the local stuff, I saw the evo triangle thing... that's something id love to do.

Probably have to be a member, yeah! But if anyone is actually interested in the polo, PM me lol.
Yes well we will probably be re attempting that in the new year :)

RenaultSport 182
Welcome mate! I was into the polo scene too for ages! Nice mk3 ;) I had a few gt's and eventually a g40 when the money was right lol. Now here! Anyways welcome along and get on board with the west mids meets :)

RenaultSport 182
Cheers guys!

You selling the polo mate?

RenaultSport 182
2.2k wow thats alot for a non g40! Im guessing its a gt lump then. If I had the cash id be tempted, but my focus is on getting mine track prepped for next year. Good luck man, soon as you get a clio hook me up for a meet

10014118_452733278206797_7327216464807465147_o.jpg

More powerful than a standard G40 :wink: haha. It doesnt mess about, power to weight it's not that far off a 172.
Also rammed with a LOT of OEM extras. Dealer fit leccy windows, leather G40 wheel to name the rarest.
Custom made coilovers, polybushes everywhere, its very high spec for a polo.

I'm keen for a phase 1, but a phase 2 would be cool also.
In talks for a possible swap with someone on here for a phase 1, just not sure I'm getting a fair deal lol.
I know you cant price a car this way, but to build a polo to this spec, with the amount of extras i have.. ur talking like 3/4K, not to mention the man hours.
I dread to think what ive spent on it over the years haha.

Last edited:
Buy it then ;) haha!
Cheers man!

I already have a list the length of my arm for what i want to do to a clio when i get one. Cant wait to get started, wish I had the same motivation for the polo still :/

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I wish mate, but I'm still tinkering with my Clio while saving for a mortgage. I've jelled with my Clio so I won't be getting rid/buying another car anytime soon.

I take it your still on the hunt?

Yeah! I'm paying Chi a visit after Chrsitmas as he seems to have a collection of phase 1's.
Just need the polo gone asap.
Scott's ph1 has been a mad inspiration, made me completely discard ph2's.
My original plan was to get a clio, do a couple of choice mods and leave it be... but my track record shows this wont happen. The polo was meant to be a temporary daily ha! I'll end up spending a small fortune on a clio now too.

Yeah I've realised that. ££££'s spent only to see like a 20bhp increase, forget that lol.
Induction and exhaust/de-cat are my only plans tbf.
I've seen people fit a 182 4 branch, worthwhile or?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It seems to be so. I was recommended it while my engine was out recently but I'd already spent a fair bit so couldn't justify it

I think they normally go for £80 - £150. Ported inlets are another cheap mod for roughly the same price.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Another Wolverhampton'er using Telford Ice Rink for a picture...shocking! ;)
Welcome to the club. :)