ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Est annual mileage on insurance

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
What are the implications of going over this?

At my current situation, over the next year I will probably only be doing around 100 miles a week, maybe less.

But should my circumstances change and me go over that, say to around 8/9000, what would be the implications of this if I ever came to claim.

It's just it saves me £150 quid over my premium, and I don't want to pay for more miles incase I don't do them.

AK

M240i
I dont think it really matters? It's just an estimate, unless you put something really stupid...

Some companies check your mileage tho iirc?

I asked if I needed to increase my miles to account for business use. I said that I might go over my specified miles, he said that wouldnt be a problem, as when I renewed I would increase it then, but I didnt have to increase it straight away. ie. it would still be ok to claim if I was over :)

Da

Less
They have no real way of checking, it's just to provide a proportionate risk assessment for the policy. ie someone doing 5000 miles/pa is less likely to crash than someone doing 50000 miles/pa.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys, was just checking really.

For the sake of a couple of thousand miles I was just wondering if it was worth declaring or whether it would void my policy if they could prove I'd gone over.