ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP/SERV lights(not brake switch)

Cliosport 172
Hi All as above my ph2 172 has been off the road for about a year, i fired her up and went for a spin and all was fine until the esp and service lights came on and then went off again. I thought nothing of it then the lights came on again the following day as i pulled out of the garage but this time stayed on. I did a search and found all the useful info on the brake switch but this isn't the problem as i don't get the abs light unless i hold the brake switch in when i press the pedal. I've noticed that when i start her up i get no lights until i turn the steering wheel then the serv and esp lights come on even if i'm stationary. The only effect on the car i have noticed is no traction control and annoying lights, not sure if the abs is still working i'll give the brakes a good jab in the morning. Has anyone else had this and could it be the steering angle sensor?

ph2 172
sounds like the steering angle sensor mate, remember reading something along those lines before, i have them lights on mine but my rear pads are shot so im hoping its that. fingers crossed.

Cliosport 172
thanks for the rapid response!:cool:
is the steering sensor easily changed or best left to the pro's?

ph2 172
that was a price quoted from renault mate, its behing the steering wheel i believe and think its quite labour intensive.

Renault Clio Sport172 mk2
all the staff at renault should where strippy tops and have bloody swag bags lol there nearly as bad as halfrauds