ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EP3 Type R or keep the 182? Pics!

FRS
image-3.jpg

image-2.jpg

182 on 50k type R on 52k, wheels need refurbed on the type r .. Which would you have?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Its not often you see a FF LY 182 ( I have never seen one in the flesh )

EP3 Type R's are all over so maybe in the future you could get one but for the time being i would most deff be sticking with the clio

bg182ff
If you want a daily run round go for the type r and let the ly go to someone that will keep it in good nick to be worth a few bob again in years to come if the right buyer comes along :/

FRS
It would just be a nice change, bit of a childhood dream car to be honest, nice variety of rota fitment wheels, never driven one no.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Keep the LY. Silly question. ;)

I like ep3's too. But it's not worth swapping a LY for one. No chance.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Such a shame as they tick most the boxes, more so than a Clio but I one hundred percent wouldnt swap mine for one

FRS
Oh i do apologise its not a swap, i would be buying the ep3 for about £3000 and selling the clio for the £4000 region.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I still wouldn't justify it. Maybe see if your cousin would let you have it for a few days or a week and see if you like it.

renault clio 182
Only one winner for me the 182 I love civic type R's but being that its a LY and a full fat one at that the Clio easily takes it if was a ek9 type r or a Jdm import ep3 then maybe but not for a common run of the mill red ep3

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
i like the Type R very much i was close to buying one before i got my 1st clio BG 182 i prefer clios myself but they both have the best 2.0 N/A engines you can get

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lol 'decided' and 'i think', in one sentence, you sound like me. Have you driven the civic yet?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'll echo everyone else's thoughts, the engineering on hondas is fantastic, the steering feel for the EP3's is terrible and for that reason is why I wouldnt have one.

The best civic type R i've driven was an EK9, great steering feel, engine is a little gutless and not too quick but a very good b road car. Shame they rust......

FRS
Nah im getting a shot next weekend advertised my car again on here so hopefully find a serious buyer, ep3 on rotas and a spoon exhaust.. Please!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think you will regret selling a LY 182 for a pre facelift type r.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I would swap purely because I'm a male , so couldnt have a liquid yellow car.

But it IS a sideways move. Both near identical cars TBH. Horses for courses. If you can live with having a Yellow Clio, Id keep it.

Ive drove both , had a black ep 3 and theres a reason i had a 182 , civics arent bad cars bomb proof if nothing else but they just dont seam fun , its like nothing nothing nothing ... BWWWAAAAARRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

I found myself seeing it as a car thats it , my clio i love its fun ! i honestly wouldnt take the type R mate !

But that said your call try driving it a few times etc but everybody loves a LY clio , nobody likes pink civics ;)

Nothing wrong with a pre facelift ;)

Red, cheapest colour and it'll go pink. Pros the engine and gearbox rock, respond well to mods, steering can be sorted by fitting a DC5 rack, and then get stiffer ARB's. 250bhp is easy with exhaust, manifold, filter and a remap with new inlet.

Cons, they are bloody everywhere!!

Focus
When I sold my 172 I drove an ep3 on the thought of buying it, only good thing about it for me was the gear box! Steering was awful, noisey and unlike the 172 (for me) it had NOTHING low down...

172 Cup
If you're really into your driving, I don't see why you would pick an EP3 over the clio. The electric steering is crap and the handling is very average. Far too stiffly sprung for your average british B road too. Great engine when you're in the mood, though.