ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Entry Level Blu Ray Player?

VRS
My dvd player is packing up and refusing to play disks so looking at blu rays.

Ive seen this sony one on play:

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...ray-Disc-Player/Product.html?searchtype=genre

now i dont want to pay a fortune as an upscaling dvd player can be had for 50 notes so something around 150 is what im after for a blu ray player

anyone got any thoughts or opinions on the one in the above link or any suggestions of other makes models out there?

cheers

Andy

Nissan Jewk
Good price, have a look for the S350 also, top quality player and will probably go a little bit cheaper than the S360?

BMW M135i
I wouldn't the blu ray quality is shite, i've just got an s360 don't think you can do much better for the money.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
it's not THE best but calling it s**t is just laughable..

And for the extra wedge you get an entire entertainment system with.. even if you never play one game on it it's worth its wedge and a media system alone.

MKIII 138
not going to enter into an argument but if you use HDMI to HDMI on blueray in theory its lossless so quality on BD at least should be flawless whatever the player.. however there may be minor imperfections compared to the best.. and the best are really £300 models.. unlike DVD where the best could cost over £10k ! lol

VRS
Obviously not, i've only got both and a pair of eyes f**k me. The ps3 is nowhere near as good a player as a proper standalone, sorry if that offends the fanboys but its the truth!

do you have the same player as i posted in the top post fella? thats the one ive ordered

any pros / cons?

BMW M135i
Yep exactly the same picked its up with a denon receiver a few weeks ago, and other than the fact that it takes ages to load a bluray disc (although I believe this is just a bluray thing) nothing to moan about so far. Does a pretty damn good job of upscaling dvds aswell imo.

clio 172 luna speedl
get down synagy av in town. 4 stuff like that mate. they'll match any price and there really helpfull.

how come the name makavelli?

VRS
get down synagy av in town. 4 stuff like that mate. they'll match any price and there really helpfull.

how come the name makavelli?

was after a user name when i joined, must have been a good 4/5 years ago, andy was gone so just stuck makavelli in as i was listening to 2pac at the time, it kinda just stuck with me lol

VRS
i got some hdmi cables from here

less than £10 for 3 1m leads :cool:

cheers fella, will have a look on there :)

question for you, you may not know but can you get a 2 into 1 adapter for hdmi's? my tv only has one hdmi port but thats currently got sky hd going into it, just wondering if there is an adapter to save me having to unplug and swap come bluray time

Polo + Micra
you'll need something like this

i've got the 5 way one as i didn't have enough hdmi ports on my tv for everything

Polo + Micra
lmao there's a £40+ optical cable on that site couldn't be anymore of a rip off

Z4
Good price, have a look for the S350 also, top quality player and will probably go a little bit cheaper than the S360?

I have the s350 and its a good bit of kit with my pana plasma.

Loading takes a while mind, but that's a blu thing from what I hear

Polo + Micra
you have a £40 optical and think it's better than a £2 one off ebay?

i think when it comes to digital signal cables it makes no difference

clio 172 luna speedl
they really do. no joke. cables are a big thing when u go in to this sort of stuff. media centre is wot you all need. play anythin anytime and u dont have to get up off your seat.... lol

2014 Focus Titanium
they really do. no joke. cables are a big thing when u go in to this sort of stuff. media centre is wot you all need. play anythin anytime and u dont have to get up off your seat.... lol

Lol you actually do not know what you are talking about with regards to HDMI leads. You really don't. A £1 ebay 1m HDMI lead will give exactly the same picture as a £30 one. At distances up to around 15m the price of cable doesn't* matter.

I have a £25 15m HDMI cable which I purchased on ebay (after a lot of research into quality of cables) and found that compared to my expensive 2m HDMI cable there is absolutely no difference whatsoever. I'm talking nose against the screen inspection at pixel level!

Over 15m it is argued that quality may degrade with cheaper options, but there is still no need to spend over £60 odd up to 25m!

It's not like the old days of scart and phono leads.

*unless it is made out of cheese.

Last edited: