ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine tech questions

A few questions;

- On a 1.2 8V DIET engine - whats involved/would be required to completely remove the rev limit?

- On a 1.2 8v, what is the max (roughly) rpm will the rocker assembly cope with?

- How much would it cost to have a dcoe manifold made up if there isn't one currently available for an engine...who could do this?

Last edited:
1- no idea, never worked on one TBH. Does it run off the same coil and dizzy setup as the rest of the clios mk1 clios?

2-rocker assembly will probably standup to any rpm you can throw at it so long as there are no force spikes and there are no strees risers/cracks. WIlder the cam is, higher the forces though, along with associated increase in spring nose pressure.

3-depends where or who you use. If you get 2 ally lazer cut flanges made from copies of the stock gaskets and DCOE flange, that will probably cost about 100 including the drawing. Then thick ally tube welded between them and fettled internally, another £30 for the welding, and however much you can get the ally tube for.

BenR said:
1- no idea, never worked on one TBH. Does it run off the same coil and dizzy setup as the rest of the clios mk1 clios?

2-rocker assembly will probably standup to any rpm you can throw at it so long as there are no force spikes and there are no strees risers/cracks. WIlder the cam is, higher the forces though, along with associated increase in spring nose pressure.

3-depends where or who you use. If you get 2 ally lazer cut flanges made from copies of the stock gaskets and DCOE flange, that will probably cost about 100 including the drawing. Then thick ally tube welded between them and fettled internally, another £30 for the welding, and however much you can get the ally tube for.

Hi ben, thanks for the reply! :)

1 - its a dizzy-less engine

3 - assuming i could get the manifold/gasket design - is this something you could do?

If you want the flanges, yea no probs, or the whole thing?

Dizzy less engine......right, onto dialogys lol. brb

It'd be the whole thing i'd want ideally as i don't have access to a welder. Trying to get an idea of costs... :)

ok, had a look......it'll all be in the ECU just like the rest of the range.......i have no experience so cant help there sadly.

Your trying for a 10,000rpm monster ;)

BenR said:
ok, had a look......it'll all be in the ECU just like the rest of the range.......i have no experience so cant help there sadly.

Your trying for a 10,000rpm monster ;)

LOL maybe...have some spare cash kicking about so fancy doing something a bit different... :)

BenR said:
hahaha.

good lad!

BUT! RPM = Ruins Peoples Motors......so be careful!

lol true but it wouldn't be pushed that hard...i'm just interested to know if theres any major limiting factors with my engine without going too mad.

Plan is a bit more power on a budget...i've heard a lot of the 16v boys on about using GSXR bodies with a cheapo aftermarket ECU so was toying with the idea of going that route myself...fitting it all and (maybe) mapping. Parts wise i reckon it could be done for well under 1k which isn't bad, and, if it blows up i can bang in another lump fairly cheaply.

It's just an idea at the moment though...a fun one at that i suppose!

well, so long as RPM isnt excessive on stock components, you should be fine....no point revving more than 500rpm past peak power anyway really....unless that is like 5000rpm lol.

just remember the highest force on an engine is on the exhaust stroke @tdc, not the combustion forces itself, so rpm will kill it before power does.