ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine tapping noise....

RENAULTSPORT 182
Hi, I have a 182, drives really well, with no issues, pulls great no problems.

However, ocassionlly when at a stand still (engine running), I have heard like what I can only describe as a tappets noise, now this only happerns when warm and is on the odd occasion.

Took it in to my local gargae, who I trust ( not Renault) flushed the oil out, new stuff put in.

It does bother me, but when I show my car mates, the noise never appears.

Any ideas? has anyone had the same problem? or do I just turn the radion up?

Golf GTD Mk7
Are you on about the spluttering noise on idle? It should smooth out with revs if thats the case.

RENAULTSPORT 182
It only happerns every now and then, slow revs, picks up with the revs. Like old car tappet noise used to have, not load, just there, so I guessed it might be something blocked, so the oil can not get to where it should do,

RENAULTSPORT 182
It only happerns every now and then, slow revs, picks up with the revs. Like old car tappet noise used to have, not load, just there, so I guessed it might be something blocked, so the oil can not get to where it should do,

R

ross..

hi ya
i have a 182 and mine used to have a little tappin noise and i toke it to the local dealer(renault) and subframe bolts, engine monts were loose and mine fine now.

Megane Trophy, Golf
If you can only hear it inside the car and the noise sounds like its coming from your offside front wheel then its generally the carbon canister! cost about £40.00 quid from stealers. b**ch to fit!

Injectors are quite noisy tbh on the F4R its not exactly refined at idle, compare it to another one at a meet and you will probably find they are all as bad as each other.

320d
My 1.2 sounds tappety when you hold it on tickover or going along in 1st in traffic slowly at around 2k always wondered what it was tbh.

RENAULTSPORT 182
ok.......noise got a bit louder today.....mate at work said it sounds like the hydraulic tappets or something sticking.
Now I am confused and now it is bothering me. Anyone know of someone decent around the Milton Keynes area or is it a trip to my local Renault garage.
Still driving great, so can't make it out... p*****g me of now, any help would be appreciated.
Please pm me if you want
Cheers

Focus ST
It's french, Always going to have taps and clunks and splutters

Just crank the radio up a little

*i'm joking of course*

Deja vu 182
Have a search mate lots on here about the carbon cannisters tapping at idle when warm , when reved over 2.5 goes away but comes back when idled for 15 or so seconds . I can only hear mine when im in the car with the windows shut at idle , if you open the bonnet and put your ear behind the headlight you should just be able to hear it over the engine noise :)

RENAULTSPORT 182
Sounds about right really, it tapps sometimes and not other times, but when warm it continues to tap on idle.
Can not hear it, with me head above the engine. pain in the arse, I can put up with the Clio rattles in the car, plastics rattling and that, but this is something i feel needs attending.
Cheers mate

clio sport 172
hi mate ive got a 172 and ive got that tappin took me ages to work it out it was the cerbon cannister if you can get to it you will feel it tappin. it is behind the front bumper on the drivers side you can get to it if you undo the bolts on the wheel arch liner and pull it back

clio sport 172
hi mate tryed to pm you but you cant receive them but yes that is the same as mine even down to it picking up when you pick up the revs let me no how you get on with it and ne more props give me a shout thanks