ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine swap (Mate's rates) How much?

Sss107

ClioSport Club Member
  Accord Type R
Hi all, after mine dropped a valve in my 182, I sourced another engine from a low mileage 172.

My mate has swapped it over and also fitted new Cambelt kit, aux kit, water pump, new clutch, sparks, gearbox/engine oil change too. (I bought all the parts)

How much am I due him for labour? I'm not exactly sure how many hours he's spent...
I'm not worried about the cost. He has a habit of being TOO generous and want to be fair.

Cheers all

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I hope your mate used the genuine locking kit fitting the new cam belt.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
How much am I due him for labour? I'm not exactly sure how many hours he's spent...

Haaaaave you asked him !?!

He might say £100 .. you give him £200 + a nice bottle of Single Malt.

Unless you agreed an hourly rate or figure beforehand.. how is anyone on here going to answer your question accurately !?

Sss107

ClioSport Club Member
  Accord Type R
Haaaaave you asked him !?!

He might say £100 .. you give him £200 + a nice bottle of Single Malt.

Unless you agreed an hourly rate or figure beforehand.. how is anyone on here going to answer your question accurately !?

Haha - nope! This is more of curiosity... He's a good mate of mine. Sometimes feels like I've taken advantage of him being a mechanic, had literally no idea of hours involved. Had guessed around 10 hours..
He used the genuine tool ( so I'm told!)