ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine swap...helpp!

Titanium PH1
hi i have a clio mk 2 phase 1 clio 1.2 8v grande and want to do an engine conversion as its to slow for me lol

just need some general info really on...

whats the best engine to choose??

what will i need altogether??

is it possible to fit a clio 172 engine??

if so what will i need altogether??

what about a 1.5 dci lump??

basically any info you can give me on doing conversions etc would be great help thanks alot sean

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
Im doing something similar with mine mate, using a 1.8 16v from a Mk1 Valver, these engines can be had sub 100 quid and arnt that difficult to fit in the grand scheme of things. mine is taking time re: funding lol. if you can afford to have the car off the road go for a conversion. if you cant live without it. grin and bare it and save for something quicker, IE MK2 1.6 RSi or 16v or a 172 sport if you can insure it. problem with conversions is they take time unless you can afford to have a garage do it for you :/

The other way round would be to go back a shape and buy an old MK1 RSi or 16v, you can get em cheaply and with a little tlc are nippy little cars

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
A diesel lump in a petrol car? Too much hassle for not many gains..
Sport lump will fit though.
I wouldn't do it personally mate, may aswell just buy a 1*2

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
To get the engine/gearbox/brakes/suspension/ECU/loom/subframe/exhaust/keys etc etc etc will cost you £1500 at least.

A decent ph1 172 will cost you about £2k.

Imho, I'd not bother.