ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine shudder at 27K

My engine shudders every 3-4 seconds when ticking over. I am hoping it is just a belt or something as its not done many miles. Its going into Renault on Thurs to have my alarm checked too...Everything is going wrong

Any ideas as to the shudder. The engine sounds a bit noisier too. grumbly like a diesel. (not as loud though)

Mines got 5k on it now and it has been in to reno twice for an irratic tick over. They changed my brake switch. guess what ? yes, of course, it made no difference (what a supprise). Anyway they said that because it is a performance engine with a lumpy cam, that is the way it is !! Even though it didnt do it before.

Let me know what they say to you.

CTR EK9 turbo

Yeah i got the same thing. Mines done 28k miles same as yours pretty much and doing all sorts of weird things. Probably because its been thrashed so much. Ive had my idle control sensor replaced twice under warranty...... maybe its that?

Does it mean the engine is unhealthy? I hate the idea of that! - I dont rag it too bad but I expect a sports engine should be set up to get ragged, not to get loose and noisy!! Dunno.

Will post back when I find out

Simon172: What other wierd things has your car been doing? Did your fan belt pulley go too recently?

CTR EK9 turbo

Hi cord-172: A few weird things including cutting out when i was crossing a dual carriage way and then stalling on the other side - i could smell strong CAT smell (not animal) and then it started fine. Lately (but not at the mo and therefore to the disapointment of the renault garage!) the revs have taken AGES in coming down after a rev. Say you rev it to 5 k in neutral, the revs would take about 5 seconds to return to 1k rpm, very weird. Sometimes the revs would stick around 2 k rpm, or the car would feel under powered or gutless.

Havent had a fan belt go yet (touch wood) so watch this space eh? ahh the joys of owning a renault. Dont get me wrong, i love the car, but it gets frustrating when these things happen. I suppose its inevitable really. It is a very powerful engine in a small car and theres bound to be loads problems. I think they mustve used baguettes to build it instead of torque wrenches.

Renault listened to my engine and reckoned there was nothing wrong. He said that he could here some belt noise but it was nothing to worry about.

I said the engine had been quieter before but he said that unfortunately due to the set up of the engine it wont stay quiet forever (as things wear and get loose etc.) -Nothing to worry about though.

The car instantly felt better!! (all psychological!!)