ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Rocker

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well as the car is off the road and i managed to get this paint from work for £3.00 i decided to spray the rocker.

I had the engine running for 20mins to warm it up so the paint was not going to take ages to dry.
Masked it all up and covered everything i could, Wiped it all down, Cleaned it the best i could with a rag and brake cleaner and brushed it all down.

Gave the rover the first coat and then waited around 30mins before the second coat and then around an hour for the 3rd coat.

Rocker01.jpg

Rocker02.jpg

Rocker05.jpg

Rocker06.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
That looks great Marc. After cleaning with brake cleaner did you have to wipe down or rinse with anything or does paint go fine over after. You have inspired me to do the same :smile::smile:

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to ask a silly question about removing the belts etc to do this then realised how you had done it!

Looks good, should tidy things up nicely :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Built it all back up tonight and i must say that the pictures do let it down as it looks very very light, Its not as light as the pictures make out.
It has cleaned it up a lot, Think i might go black at a later date.

Rocker07.jpg

Rocker08.jpg

Rocker09.jpg

Reactions: Gus
Your right it does look very light compared to the rest but good job none the less. how comes you didnt go black the same ans the injector rail cover?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks really good, well done. I think a speckled red might look good too. Especially behind the silver.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
good stuff that, I used the black for my rocker cover on my flamer and my ph1 and after a couple of years still looks as good as day one (my mate owns it now)
WP_000332.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Your right it does look very light compared to the rest but good job none the less. how comes you didnt go black the same ans the injector rail cover?

The injector rail has been powder coated coal black and looks like this.
FuelRail07.jpg

FuelRail012.jpg

Looks really good, well done. I think a speckled red might look good too. Especially behind the silver.

I thought about going red but i know that would have been too much.

Thinking i might go over it with some of this to try and get it to match the inlets more.

vn2kbq.png

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I brought some of that silver grey last year, but thought it looked too much like primer, so I got some Halfords high temp metallic black and it comes out like a anthracite, similar to your injector cover
photo4a_zpsb68552a1.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Looking fresher, good work

silly question, but the red vacuum silicone hose from the inlet, where does it go, the acoustic valve?

It should go into the acoustic valve but i don't have one so it goes down the bottom with a bolt into it to stop an air leak.