ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine revs issue on my clio 182???

clio 182
There seems to be a intermittent fault with the revs, they seem to have a mind of there own ever month or so. The car will sit at 2000rpm maybe as high as 3000 at tick over??

What can this be, also when it was doing it today, I tried giving it a rev and it went into limp mode, turn engine off and back on limp mode gone but revs still high?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Golf GTD Mk7
do the revs drop after a few minutes? might be a fuelling issue. Can you drive off while it's doing it? gentle driving that is ;)

Evo 5 RS
air leak, ICV or possibly try cleaning out the throttle body they stick when dirty and lacking grease. Fairly common

clio 182
What is the icv? If u rev it and let off it stays, u can drive off but just as soon as u dip the clutch it's revs high,

Golf GTD Mk7
idle control valve mate. Your car has an electronic one though. If it's an air leak I don't think it goes into limp mode though. Can you hear a hissing from under the bonnet when you have the engine running? Plus if it was, it wouldn't be intermitent unless the bolts have vibrated loose.