ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine revs dropping and car cuttng out any help ?

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
ok so a few months back my car started to put a warning light on ( I thinks its engine management or electric management ) the one in the middle on the second row from bottom which looks like a coil and a little wiggly line in a box above. so any way this lights would come on occasionally when i first started the car, and the revs would drop below the 10 to about 5 and the car would cut out, but once i turned it off and back on t would be fine ... ok so 3 weeks passes with out this happening but today the car started to do this agan but this time it wont stop even if i turn the engine on/off and try again. Also tonight the revs started to bounce to the bottom of the dial as the car struggled not to cut out as it was dong this the clock and lights dimmed and a faint ticking noise seemed to come from the bottom left of the engne when i was looking under the bonnet. has anyone got any ideas of what this maybe as i really dont want to be stuck having to get up at 6am to catch the bus to college thanks in advance Tom :(

clio 16v
clean throttle body mate. common clio 1.2 problem mate.. if not that then check for the coil pack.

hope it helps

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
cheers m8 i have a feelin its the o2 sensor :s im gonna change that as its due a new one now anyway then probs clean throttle body if that dont sort it its recently had a new coil pack :(