ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine replacment (quick reply plz!)

car? need a license 1st!

Hey guys,

could do with a little help. See the big end bearings went in my old engine, and now ive bought a second hand engine to go in my clio. Only thing is, the engine ive got (even tho the engine codes matched) are different in some ways.

They look generally the same, but the dip stick is in a different place, and the "new" engine doesnt have a mount on the top of it, which means it wont fit properly.

Basically what im asking is if its worth changing some bits around to make the "new" engine fit, or would it be easier getting another engine that actually matches the car.

OR

While the engine is out, replacing the big end bearings and putting the "old" engine back in.

OR

Getting the engine completely refurbed (which is going to be costly, and therefore least likely to be a choice i make).

Thanks in advance!

Chewy