ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine rattle when cold

2004 172 cup
Hi all
I have noticed on cold start up an ever so slight rattle noise seemingly coming from the engine only happens first thing in the morning or if the car has fully cooled down, I've had a good search and can't seem to find anything sounds nothing like the dephaser pully videos , the noise goes pretty much as soon as I pull off and doesn't come back :s
Any ideas ?
Thanks

53 Clio's & counting
Could be a few things mate, worst case is worn engine - worn big end shells can cause a rattle, but it could just be wrong oil - F4R's like 5w 40 fully synthetic

2004 172 cup
Luckily I'm going into work early to change the oil in the morning il see if that solves it, I first thought I may be a cam knock but it does it for lituraly the first 30 seconds on cold start idle, thanks for the help

53 Clio's & counting
Sounds like it could be a noisey top end, which quietens down once you get a bit of oil pressure round.