ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine problems-Does anybody else's sound like this?

172 CUP
Car seemed to be running fine until a few days ago. It started spluttering and losing power for a second or two then power kicked in again. I started getting the whine from the TB at the same time. The car doesn't drive/feel the same or sound as it did. When rev matching i used to hear a nice rev pop and now it sounds like a washing machine. It starts fine except once last week it didn't. I have had a new cat, exhaust lambda(front) coilpack leads and NGK's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[video=youtube_share;eXi_fFYdGXk]http://youtu.be/eXi_fFYdGXk[/video]
[video=youtube_share;OJqIgq13sXU]http://youtu.be/OJqIgq13sXU[/video]

Mine always used to make that whining noise with the ignition on from the throttle body

Have you checked the normal things? Spark plugs? HT Leads? Injectors?
When was it last serviced?

172 CUP
I haven't checked the spark plugs, leads cos they are only 2 months old (didn't think they wud go so soon) Injectors i think that one may be a bit crap and i haven't had a proper service, just changed oil, leads coilpack,lambdas.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Try filming it while its ticking over, instead of keep revving it so we can have a better chance at heating what it's trying to do.

get a fault code reader plugged in, if its an injector it will have a code come up for it.

172 CUP
Will do Kelv, will post it up his afternoon. I think it may be a knock sensor fault. Going for Mot tomorrow so will get a diagnostic done see if anything comes up.

172 CUP
Had really bad wind (weather not me) so couldn't even hear the engine over the noise when i did a video. Will try tomorrow