ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Problem

Clio MK1
I have a 1.4 RT Mk1. I am hearing a strange sound coming from the engine, When i drive it home this morning, i started to hear a sound cumming from the front. You can hear it when i accelerate and goes past 3000 Rpm. if the its over 3000 and i am cumming down the sound does nay happin. I cant see anything thats loose or tht, Hink its the acctuale engine it self,

what do yous guys think?

S2000
my exhaust used to make a noise around that point in the rec range - and no I don't just mean normal exhaust noise before any smartarse says they always make a noise, lol. It's kind of hard to describe but it was from vibrations in the exhaust I think, doesn't do it anymore though since I got rid of the decat.

Is it just at 3000 rpm you hear it or at all revs above 3000? Mine used to just do it at about 3000 rpm but was ok below and above that.

S2000
can you try and describe the sound?

Try asking over on retro-renault.co.uk - might get a better idea from over there.

Clio MK1
cheers mate, a have got ma dad to look at it, and it turns out to be a crank shaft which means cars is joff the road till i can get a engine :(