ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine or electrical problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2000 Clio 1.4 Sport
Hey guys, this is going to be a long post so here it goes...

Yesterday I had my M.O.T, so I went to get the car cleaned underneath but the idiot who did it sprayed the engine as well. So on my way to the M.O.T afterwards I noticed the car wasn't driving right at all, was seriously down on power and being really loud. When I got to the test centre the guy immediately said that it wasn't running on all cylinders and after the test to go home and check/dry the ignition leads, when I checked the leads I seen that one was in quite bad condition so I got new ones from euro car parts which I have just fitted but the car is running as bad. I all so checked the spark plugs as well and they all seem to be ok.

Can anyone please help?
Any ideas/advice would be really grateful

Cheers Callum

2000 Clio 1.4 Sport
just back from checking the spark plugs again, 3/4 are sparking and after switching the spark plug that wasn't sparking with one that was, there's still no spark...which makes me think its either the coil pack or the wiring for the coil pack.