ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine not heating up fully.

Just recently lusty has had a problem. For some reason she wont heat up properly as the engine temp guage stays at 2 bars when normally its on 4.

This is after 30 mins of normal driving which normally would produce for 4 bars on the gauge. The only time it does show this is when I take it over 4500 rpm, which I dont like doing too much.

Is there likely to be a problem?

Cheers.

Clio 182
Sorry to revive this thread but my temp gauge doesn't go up to half way very often and takes over 25 mines for the cold engine rev limiter to go
Is this likely to be a thermostat problem or is a mixture of what's normal and the cold weather?

Thanks in advance :)

Clio 182
Again thanks everyone
Only had it a couple of weeks and with weather like it is ATM havnt really had much chance to check everything over
Would a garage charge much for that?

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Nah wouldnt think so. Maybe parts plus half an hours labour. Coolant from renault is £12 for 5 litres

Thermostat £10 approx