ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine misfire/lumpy idle

Volantech CC Panels
My 1.2 Clio 2000 has been misfiring slightly for a while now. This started before i went to university in September. It started misfiring like crazy so I changed the spark plugs and it decreased it.

Not many miles were done from September to May but I got the car MOTd and now it's running again but it's running lumpy.

Can't remember if it always idle'd lumpy but i dont think it did. As I reved it around 1400 to 2000 revs quickly, it will clearly misfire, this usually happens in 1st 2nd and 5th gears. So i bought a second hand coil pack which feels like it has improved it slightly, but it still feels lumpy and still misfires on certain occasions.

Today I drove 137 miles on the motorway, once i came off the motorway, the car was misfiring very very badly, the car was very lumpy and was struggling to even rev higher than 2000 for about 2 seconds. Once I got to my destination for about 2 hours and started driving back, it had stopped and gone back to normal. Feels like the more you drive at once the worse it gets yet the whole way on the motorway it was perfectly fine..

Any ideas/solutions would be appreciated!

182 Trophy
Check you injectors. I had a similar problem. Loads of info about it on the forum. Could be leads or maybe something else but I would check your injectors first. I used a multimeter to check the injectors resistance. They should be roughly 14.5 ohms (they are on the 182). If any are less, or more, then the injector is faulty. I had 2 injectors fail at the same time and they caused the symptoms you are describing.