ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management light issues.

PH.2 'berg 172
Recently my exhaust on my 172 has started making a rattling noise on the over run when coming down from high ish revs... Got told that its due to possible loose brackets & fixings as the car is now on 70k & it's still all the original exhaust. Going to replace it soon for a ktec.

But now the engine management light as started flashing occasionally.

Could that be due to pressure/fumes etc escaping from the exhaust where it's not supposed to?

Any ideas?

Cheers

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Flashing light normally points to an injector. Mine would do the same and also flash if idled for a long time. A little rev would clear it but a faulty injector was the cause.

My 2p worth.

PH.2 'berg 172
Flashing light normally points to an injector. Mine would do the same and also flash if idled for a long time. A little rev would clear it but a faulty injector was the cause.

My 2p worth.

Your 2p's worth was spot on, went to my local garage & they plugged it in & that was the diagnosis.

Tah mate

Arctic 182 FF
Your 2p's worth was spot on, went to my local garage & they plugged it in & that was the diagnosis.

Tah mate

If you dont mind me asking how much did they charge you for diagnostic, new injector and fitting (presuming thats what you had done)

PH.2 'berg 172
If you dont mind me asking how much did they charge you for diagnostic, new injector and fitting (presuming thats what you had done)

They didn't charge me to diagnose it, but it's being fitted tomorrow & they said it'll be a maximum of £110 so a chance it'll be a tad less. Ill let you know tomorrow