ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine issue, can any of the guru's help?

Clio 172
Long story short I managed to over rev my engine when I selected 1st instead of 3rd ( don't ask). I'm not sure why but now the car seems to be missing very slightly, It idles fine and still runs good but just feels like there's a slight missfire now.

Anyone had this before/know what it could be.

I'm running ITB's & Omex ecu loom everything else is standard.

Clio 172
Mmm I was hoping it wasn't internal but I think it could be.

Head off to inspect is the only option is it?.

ITB'd MK1
ouch, most likely is you've had a bit of valve bounce and clipped the pistons. Compression and leak down tests as said would give you an idea. There's also the slight possibilty of one of the cam pulleys having slipped slightly, but i'd make that a secondary thing to look at

Clio 172
Compression checked as follows

1 = 115psi
2 = 115psi
3 = 130psi
4 = 135psi

Is this healthy enough?.

Clio 172
Oh dear, it's strange as it seem to be running fine and like I said doesn't feel like it's down on power.

So what's causing the low readings? Is it new engine time?

Does it matter if the engine is cold when I tested it?

ITB'd MK1
you will normally see a bit of a difference between hot and cold

It's also important to disconnect the injectors, and to do the test with the throttle wide open

Clio 172
FLOL I'm a prize knobber!. Did the test the RIGHT way this time and the results are
1 = 210psi
2 = 210psi
3 = 205psi
4 = 205psi

Ah I can breath again just!!
Let the slagging commence.