ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine in new RS3 Clio

The Tube
Am I right in thinking the engine in the new RS3 Clio will be the current F4R engine, with a few tweaks? If so, does anyone know what they've done to push 200bhp out of the current engine?

Cheers
Mac

well I went into Reno the other week to look at a Trophy and the guy there actually seemed very clued up on the RS's. It will be the current F4R engine he said with more manifold/exhaust work and running different ECU settings to get to 200bhp. He said it will be marginally quicker than all previous models if you believe the spec, even though it does weigh 140kg's more. Apparently the 6 speed box negates this somewhat though, as in the CTR's... sounds promising, shame they look cack... may grow on me though...

The Tube
I just hope reliability isn't comprimised by pushing further BHP out of the current engine. It's all very well having a 200bhp Clio, but not if it blows up after 1000 miles! 6 Speed box will be a god send though..

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
from what people have told me especially with the 6speed box the rs3 will have a power delivery like the ctr

Audi TT 225
There may be a few bits missing if I test drive one then hehe

"I heard a clang driving down the road... I think it was the manifold... then pikeys stole the ECU and the gear box" tehehhe ;)