ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Fail.......need some advice

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
I never thought it would happen ................ my clio is nearly dead...........

Just put it in the garage when a strange noise came out from the engine .......the problem is a valve ......but still don't know if it's a bent valve or a broken valve spring..

now ...I'm considering an eventual rebuild of the top of the engine .......but don't know if it would cost me more than just swapping in an another one .....

fact is that I'd like to sell the clio ....so asking you which would be the better solution ......open my engine or just swap another one ...

thanks ...

61 Clio 1.2
If your looking for a quick sale I'd get a new one. Depends whether your rebuilding it yourself or getting it done professionally. If your doing it yourself you might have some sort of liability (not sure on that, please correct if I'm wrong). But it would most likely be the cheaper option.

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
PROBLEM solved !!!!!!!!!!!!! it was only a loosen spark plug .................so happy to write this :D