ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine cuts out when dipping clutch..?

Ph2 172
On my 03 plate 172....used to cut out occasionaly when coming up to a junction etc and dipping the clutch, now it happens virtually every time the clutch is pressed in low gears!

cam dephaser pulley also needs doing - is this related?

was serviced a couple of months ago with oil change etc..

My 1.2 did this, it was a fault with a certain sensor, but I can't remember which one sorry. Diag might show it up.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
On my 03 plate 172....used to cut out occasionaly when coming up to a junction etc and dipping the clutch, now it happens virtually every time the clutch is pressed in low gears!

cam dephaser pulley also needs doing - is this related?

was serviced a couple of months ago with oil change etc..

Exactly the same thing was happening me a while back, turned out to be a knackered battery just.

Congrats on your 1st post :)

clio 182
i had this in an old 306. the idle control valve was sticking and not letting air through so the car would stall. all i had to do was clean it out. could also be the idle sensor being dirty or knackered.

ICV is sticking ..

or the whole tb since you have electronic throttle.. so your TB uses an automatic choke (water controled idle valve) which is built into the TB..

You need to replace the TB to cure it..

ICV - Idle control valve
TB - Throttle Bodie

Ph2 172
ah ok so nothing related to the depahser pulley that's also going?

how much am i looking at to replace the TB?