ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cooling on a track

DAN HAMMOND

ClioSport Club Member
  CLIO 182
Hi all, I have recently bought my 182 and have booked up for a track day this coming Wednesday, I have been over the car and carried out a full service, replaced brake fluid, and had my wheel alignment set up but I was wondering if any of you guys have had any issues with engine cooling on the track, I have never had a issue up to now but I have only ever driven it hard on county roads etc, I was thinking of wiring my fan on a switch but if no one has really had any issues then I won't worry about it! Thanks in advance for any feedback.

DAN HAMMOND

ClioSport Club Member
  CLIO 182
Thanks guys, I'll leave it as she is then! It's in fairly standard form, it does have rs tuner, standard brakes at the mo which so hopefully they will be ok!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks guys, I'll leave it as she is then! It's in fairly standard form, it does have rs tuner, standard brakes at the mo which so hopefully they will be ok!

Standard brakes will be fine if you don't stay out on track for too long in one stint. It's best to head out for 15min bursts, come back in, let it cool down then head back out for 15mins, than do 30 mins continuous for example.

Just keep an eye on spongy brake pedal etc and the fluid boiling during the day.

DAN HAMMOND

ClioSport Club Member
  CLIO 182
Yes I was going to remove fog lights for a bit more air flow! I have done the nurburgring and combe before with previous cars so have an good idea of what to expect regarding brake fluid boiling etc, I will prob be looking to upgrade my brakes soon, any ideas? Cheers

Just cruise in on the slow down lap in 4th/5th gear, get back to the pits, leave the handbrake off and open the bonnet to let it cool down. My water temps have never been high on track.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I remove the rubber strip across the bulkhead at the rear of the bonnet on hot days but this time of year you'll be fine