ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine breather pipe blocked off

Clio 182
Hi all,

I have a 182 that's had an engine change at some point, but on the back of the engine someone has blocked off what looks like a breather pipe, should this not be connected to something? won't it is be damaging or effecting the performance being blocked off as I guess it is there for a reason lol

If it should be connected what do I connect it to?

Thanks in advance
Simon

Attachments

• IMAG0582.jpg
    IMAG0582.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMAG0578.jpg
    IMAG0578.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 209
  Clio 172
I THINK if memory serves me right that goes down to the carbon canister.

EDIT: or supposed to. Many people cut the end of the pipe off and block it anyway

Clio 182
It seems odd surely if the engine is meant to be breathing there it's a bad idea to block it off lol

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
It's the vacuum pipe for the not really required carbon canister, not a breather as such.
Don't worry about it!

Clio 182
Ok thanks for the help was worried the engine would be getting damage, would the ticking noise in this video be from the carbon canister not being connected to that pipe?
http://youtu.be/xhz_w_3_yWQ it's coming from the drivers side front arch