ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay tidy up

Clio 172
So I was getting bored with the engine bay being original how it was so set about tidying it up a bit.

Painted the inlet and a few other bits matt black, engine cover ford graphite grey, got a sticker from Ady and some nice shiny plated engine cover bolts from davo172. Big shout out goes to Ady and Davo for the great products and service. Royal fail lost my 1st sticker I ordered but Ady sent me another that was here in 2 days. Anyway this is what i ended up with.

29042011235.JPG18052011273.JPG

18052011274.JPG

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks good.

For those asking what paint... when i did mine it just had a couple of coats of 'Standard' Halfords Primer followed by 'Standard' Halfords colour on top and its lasted over 12 months so far with no issues.

Best to remove the top inlet (Takes 2 seconds) and Spray IMO

Clio 172
Cheers for the comments guys. I used halfords high temp paint for the inlet. I brushed it on but it aint 100% as there are a few brush marks. I will remove the inlet and spray it in high temp paint to get a better finish another day. -J- do u need to replace the gasket or anything when putting the top inlet back on?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
-J- do u need to replace the gasket or anything when putting the top inlet back on?

I didnt bother when I took mine off, just be careful and you should be ok.

Don't loose the little rubber ring from the bottom of the inlet ;)

2004 iceberg 172
Sorry to bring this up, saves starting a new thread :p

When you guys paint these covers, how do you keep the '16v' and '2.0l' writing on the cover or is it just a sticker? If its a sticker where do you get it?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks well nice. I'm going to have a play around doing this once weather pics up