ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay colour ideas/combos

Clio 172 cup
Just stripped off the upper and lower inlets and the fuel rail gaurd ready for cleaning and painting!

16D3B74B-12A6-4B4F-95AF-705A36D7B20E_zpshrfywwud.jpg

Looking for ideas/inspiration on inlet colours and engine cover colours (or leave engine cover off?!)
Looking to tidy the whole engine bay so....
Show me what you've got!

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I just did all the inlet/engine mount covers in black wrinkle finish paint. Cam cover silver. Simple as you like. Don't have a full finished picture though
If you use the wrinkle finish paint, get it as hot as possible. I baked that in the oven (didn't go down well, and the smell was awful), use a heat gun or hair dryer. We did my brothers Lexmaul inlet with a hair dryer and the wrinkles were bigger - looks loads better than mine
IMG-20110710-00026.jpg

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Clean and factory fresh (ish) is my preference these days. The only changes under the bonnet of mine at the minute are performance enhancing changes, nothing just for the looks. Here's how the S40 bay looks right now:-

3BCF7E28-22BE-48EE-B80A-70CF3F28284B_zpsm5zqnoip.jpg

Upgraded MAF to turbo intake pipe, relocated ECU (Yes, it's cable tied!) and the OE location blocked off (currently with a piece of 18mm MDF - lol) other than that it's how it rolled off the production line.

Having said that, i'm thinking of having a go at hydrographic dipping soon so might do something with the vast sea of black plastic (not going for carbon, that will just be odd on a lolvo, was thinking wood effect! lol)

Evo 8 MR
It's really up to you but I think if you do the cam cover the same colour as the bodywork and then do the intake plenum, manifold and belt cover a dark grey colour, it'll look pretty sweet.
Degrease the rest of the engine bay too making sure to cover the coilpack, intake ports and spark plug holes, working it in with a brush and rinsing off.

Inferno 225 cup
i thought you were selling the meg with you selling your bits?

Never.

I sold the bits which added £1200 towards the fees for a solicitor (new house) whilst my savings and equity go towards a deposit.

I don't need to get rid of it. :)

These only cost £50 :)

Clio 172 cup
I have now made a start! Will post pictures tomorrow of how's it's looking at the moment, will probly take the inlet back off and clean and paint the rocker cover as didn't really take much notice of how much you see it until I started painting other bits!

Clio 172 cup
So I've made a start, gone from completely standard to this so far....
Painted engine cover (wasn't sure whether to put this on or not!) fuel rail cover and inlet.

CA224872-C774-430B-A1C5-E95261284D8A_zpspqlif8fw.jpg