ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay anatomy lesson... Help!

Nil presently.
Hi all, just a quick question.

I popped open my bonnet today to find the hose photographed openly swinging around. For the life of me I can't locate where the far end of it attaches to - any ideas?

Hopefully somebody can shed some light on it - many thanks in advance!

Joe
image.jpg

Nil presently.
Vacuum hoses.

That one controls the acoustic valve.
Fantastic, thanks for getting back to me buddy.
Vacuum hoses.

That one controls the acoustic valve.

Thanks a bunch for the response buddy.

Will the fact it's disconnected affect the performance in any noticeable way? Or can I just yank the thing off and remove the acoustic valve altogether when I get a couple of hours?

Many thanks again.

PH2 172
Will the fact it's disconnected affect the performance in any noticeable way? Or can I just yank the thing off and remove the acoustic valve altogether when I get a couple of hours?

The acoustic valve is located behind the LH (UK passenger) wheel arch liner.
Removal offers no performance gains or losses other than weight loss.
You will need to cap the vacuum take off nozzle to avoid a weak mixture/high tickover.

Nil presently.
as long as you blank it off it's fine to remove.
The acoustic valve is located behind the LH (UK passenger) wheel arch liner.
Removal offers no performance gains or losses other than weight loss.
You will need to cap the vacuum take off nozzle to avoid a weak mixture/high tickover.

Many thanks for the replies, pipe is now capped and car feels good as ever. I'm guessing it had been disconnected for a while as I only discovered it by chance whilst cleaning the engine bay.

Thanks again guys!