ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

End of the TT

Lionel Richie
Joe@ShedMotorsport said:
I wasn't sure if Renaults used them, but it seems like the ideal solution to me so long as you have somewhere to bolt the bearing housing on the block.

yeah, seems like the sensible idea, i'm surprised the VW engine doesn't have one (the megane RS engine thats going in my clio has one)

Matt should be able to fab something up

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
FredYozzasport said:
yeah, seems like the sensible idea, i'm surprised the VW engine doesn't have one (the megane RS engine thats going in my clio has one)

Matt should be able to fab something up

On the Lupo GTI i used to have the longer driveshaft was a lot thicker than the short one. Not much in the way of torque steer but it didn't have a huge amount of grunt to be fair.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Thanks for the suggestions lads - keep em coming. My brain is on overdrive now and im coming up with ideas.

MKIII 138
still think a stripped and lowered Renault people carrier like an espace would be a good idea enigne could go in back or front i imagine or have two engines both with 400bhp muhaha

BMW E46 330i Touring
A Tesco shopping trolley... you might have to get round the problem with the wheels locking when you take it outside the car park though!

the_wanderer said:
How about a seat ibiza mk1, its a very rare car these days, but its based on the mk1 golf, so should be cheap and easy to mod.

the mk1 ibiza is based on a fiat panda, as this was before seat was owned by VAG, the mk2 ibiza was based on the mk2 golf.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
theduckeatspork said:
the mk1 ibiza is based on a fiat panda, as this was before seat was owned by VAG, the mk2 ibiza was based on the mk2 golf.

Good call! i just assumed cos they looked so similar :)

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
lancia delta?

or...... a stretch limo :D

doubt anyone has done a limo, plus theres room for a few extra engines ;)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
the_wanderer said:
lancia delta?

or...... a stretch limo :D

doubt anyone has done a limo, plus theres room for a few extra engines ;)

ud struggle to make a faster delta than the rallying ones.
limos were done on viva la bam on mtv.

i have never driven your car but i wonder if sticking a 400bhp engine in a sub 1000kg car is safe at all anyway!
so whats wrong with a little extra danger?
dont think we would have seen thrust going 700mph if they were quitting when it got dangerous!

fair play to u though, was a mental car, it should be mounted next to the toyota pick up at topgear!

as a famous man once said "its better to burn out than fade away" i think you know who i mean matt!

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
acrebo said:
A Tesco shopping trolley... you might have to get round the problem with the wheels locking when you take it outside the car park though!

not a problem, ive got a key for those sitting here, fiver and its yours ;)

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Do one like this... This one has a VW G60 engine, guess that a 1.8T would fit..
Apperently it has 250 hp, and does 0-200 km/h in 8,5 secs.....
2470468c.jpg

2470468d.jpg

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
daewoo matiz???

lada samara

cinquecento(sp)

or scrap the whole engine and transplant an evo6 lump into a proton satria or mitsi colt?

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
dalla said:
Yeah, but i don't think it would be anymore safe though...

yeah, i dont think id feel safe going over 50 in a noddy's plastic car :D

but it does bring a large smile to my face! lol

BMW E46 330i Touring
So any ideas what's next Matt? I'd seriously recommend trying to keep with the Clio but maybe looking into some way of making it RWD or 4WD, but it's whether this solves the safety issue.