ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EML light on solid

I bought my car only done 44k with no lights on dash at all.

After fueling up with the dirty 95 petrol a few times the EML light in amber came on and has not gone off since (about 3 weeks)

Ive checked the air filter, spark plugs and oil level all is ok.

Only thing is it smells like its running quite rich but i dont know if thats normal for the 182.

Could this be anything serious?

Also it drives fine and idles fine i think. So no other symptoms other than a rich smell.

There is also a rattle from the exhaust centre box, sounds like its cracked (garage said it might be collapsing) :0

330Ci cab
i had one of these on my 182, turned out that one of the o2 sensors had a break in the wire but made no difference to how it drove. easy fix imo

172 Cup
Is it decatted? I've heard that using higher octane fuel can keep the light from coming on, then when you put standard stuff in it comes on. Just a thought!

Yeah thats what i heard and so i went and got some 97 from BP as theres no higher around my area. Theres tesco 99 but its abit of a pain just to fuel up....

Anyway ive had 2 full tanks of 97 in it and its still up.

If you want a cheap diagnostics check, Tanvic are pretty good..

They use a good reader.. plus its about £15!

Just noticed while taking photos on the centre box it says Stateside Cherry Bomb, must be a cat back system from them.

So that clears that up, any ideas on this fault code?

I dont know if this has any effect on it but there is a big rattle coming form the centre box when i rev.

megane 285 sport
i think you need to get it on clip to narrow it down more, could be either the cat collasping or a fault lamba