ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions light on and error code

clio 172cup
Need some help guys !

basically my emissions light is on .....so got a few questions

i got the fault code back from a reader which was p0141 which says its an o2 sensor no2 ???? are both the sensor on the cup the same im assuming ? and will it definately be this that needs replacing , purely as on the last couple on mot's its had an advisory for 'minor leak of exhaust gases' ....could this be causing this in anyway at all of does the sensor just need to be replaced ? the car doesnt seem to have any loss of power nor does it have a bad mpg

any help will be much appreciated :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Any leak will upset the post-cat sensor reading as more oxygen enters the system so leaks should be stopped first. After that, pull the sensor and give it a good clean with something like brake cleaner (no, WD40 is not the same and shouldn't be used).

Take it for a good run at motorway speeds and if it doesn't return you are done. If if does then you have another problem.

Mick

clio 172cup
cheers guys ! gunna get me old man to sort the leak out at the weekend and go from there !!! failing that a new sensor it is ...just want rid of the poxy light lol :p

Not had the clio 5 minutes and already treated it too a lot of new things :/