ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions light needs turning off

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
Anybody in the Worksop area that can turn my light off for me? Went to
the garage and all that needs doing is the light turning off, no work As it's all been done and they attempted to rip my heart out through my wallet! Lol

monaco 172
Anybody in the Worksop area that can turn my light off for me? Went to
the garage and all that needs doing is the light turning off, no work As it's all been done and they attempted to rip my heart out through my wallet! Lol

If u Fancy a trip to meadowhall area tomorow I can do it.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
After I changed my EGR valve mine has stayed on, can't be bothered to get it turned off by Renault so am waiting for someone (like Fred;)) to get a CLIP computer so I can get it done cheaper!

I have put a bit of black electrical tape over the emissions light on the speedo clear cover, its not a permanent fix, it's not even bubble free, but it cost less than a penny & took 10 seconds and I don't have to look at the bloody light everyday!

monaco 172
i got a tool off ebay that plugs into ur ecu connector in the centre console and reads codes and removes them.

i used to to turn off my emmissions light.

20 quid well spent i say untill i get my rstuner anyway.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
certain lights won't cancel until you reprogram the part fitted so even if you turn the light off, it will come back after you turn the ignition on the next time you drive the car. This is where the clip computer is needed.

Clio 172 RS2
So instead of sourcing the fault to a faulty sensor or wiring loom, you just keep on driving round with the light/fault code?

Get it cleared mate...

WANTED Arctic 182
Mine is constantly on. Got an advisory for if when I had the MOT - but apart from it being bright in the dark, I can live with it.

Clio 172 RS2
I had it too, but then the 'fault in ECU light' goes on (microwave symbol) and limits the engine to 3.000 rpm! So into limb mode...

Clio 172 RS2
Dunno exactly it was on and off... depending on trips. City or Highway.

At least that's what occured to me.

Stopped the car, engine off... restarting and it was gone!
At other times it kept coming on. (emission light and later on the fault in ECU light)

It's fixed now, replaced the wiring loom part of the throttle pedal after ECU read-out / removing fault code.