ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ellen's Titanium 182FF

RS 189.9
So i have had this old girl for around 2 and a half years now, so thought it was about time that a post a progress thread. She has changed quite alot over the time I have had her, so here is her story! Unfortunately photos arent very good quality, but will do my best to tell the story!

I bought her completely standard in April 2010 after some muppet crashed into me and wrote my pug off :(
Here she is!
View attachment 86618View attachment 86619

To begin with I started off doing the usual simple modifications to neaten her up a bit, e.g:
  • Silver Visions
  • Skoda Splitter
  • Painted brake calipers
  • Sprayed Renault diamonds black
  • Last but not least.. gave her a good old deep clean and polish!
Heres a few of the earlier pics i have:
View attachment 86613View attachment 86614View attachment 86615View attachment 86616

Naturally I thought it was time to treat myself to a late birthday present, a Yozza exhaust and decat! :evil:
View attachment 86621
So once the Yozza was on the car i thought hmmm... what shall i do next?! Me being me, I dont like to let others do the hard work, so I broke out the sandpaper and spray cans, and this is the result! I also let loose on the bullets to match the wheels.
View attachment 86617
Not everyones taste I know, but i hate conformity!
At the same kind of time I ordered her some VMaxx coilovers... Apologies for the rubbish pics, Blackberrys for you!
View attachment 86623View attachment 86622

After the car was like this for a little while i started to get the 'I want to go faster!' itch.. I attended a rolling road day to get some figures to see how she was running with just the decat and the Yozza on there.. Came out pretty well! 177.8HP, which was certainly better than i was expecting!
View attachment 86625
So on the hunt for a few extra horses i thought i would start simple, I took her to who was JMS at the time for a Piper Race induction kit, Ported inlets, and the basic Pop and Bang remap... which a few of you may know me for! So being very happy with the car, a good friend of mine took a few photos and filmed the video which a few of you may have seen before..
[video=vimeo;23120046]http://vimeo.com/23120046[/video]
View attachment 86626View attachment 86627View attachment 86628

Intruiged to see how much of a difference this package from JMS made I took part in another Dyno Day I was pretty happy mine made 188.2HP which was 11hp difference from before!

I was content with the car and how it was and expensive insurance called for a little break, I put her into hibernation for the winter and said hello to the push bike!

6 months later and with 2 very itchy feet... I got my baby back! This called for the standard cambelt change and service... and some 438 CatCams! Of course.. As well as these I got my hands on some Denso Iridium spark plugs and some Magnecor HT Leads. After this she was pushing out 189.9 HP with 168.7Lb/Ft Torque, she pulls well!
View attachment 86631View attachment 86632

As I had been paying more attention to the engine, I thought i would give the bay a clean up. I sanded down the inlet manifold and polished it up, sprayed the fuel rail guard, fuse box cover and engine cover.
View attachment 86633

Having my wheels for a couple of years now, I thought it was time for a change and a bit more of a 'fresh' look, so got searching for some new wheels..Then i stumbled across these beauties for cheap... Prima Racing alloys! Thee was only one slight issue.... they were GOLD :dead: Having a legend of an Uncle, he agreed to spray them up for me in our make shift spray shack.. A gazebo surrounded by tapaulin! This is the result.
View attachment 86635

Most recently I have been trying to help the small issue of inlet temperature! I first of all bought myself a Mocal oil cooler, aswell as this i have relocated the battery to the boot. With this i plan on moving the induction kit around to be snug next to the ECU to try and a clean run of cool air.
View attachment 86636

So this is how she stands as is! I have a few other plans for her such as a lighter, possibly vented bonnet to again, help with the inlet temperature. I am not completely content with how she is mapped so will take her to see if she can be tweeked slightly. I also may look into getting the front bumper smoothed and resprayed but this are only ideas.

Thankyou very much for reading, i know it has been a long one! Any feedback much appreciated!

Ellen

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Ellen - About time this got a thread of its own, sounded good after the meet the other night, not too 'poppy and bangy' but enough. Prima alloys look great as well. Didn't realise you'd cammed it like mine. Where are you planning on taking it to get mapped? You know where I think it should go.

What you planning to do to it next, other than the bumper?

RS 189.9
Thankyou guys!

Ollie- I have kept meaning to get around to writing this up so I'm glad I have! Well it was mapped when the cams were put it but I want to take it to TDF to be ironed out.
Future plans.. Ultimately I would love Throttle bodies or the RS2 Mani but I'm not in the right position at the moment to be spending that money. I have my eye on a fibre glass bonnet that I would but a vent in just above where I plan to move the air box. As well as that she is in desperate need of a stainless exhaust manifold. Apart from that I'm unsure really!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I wouldn't take it to TDF, lets just say they have been letting themselves down of late, have you seen BIGASH's (James) racer thread? I'll not spend long talking about it on here, but when I see you next remind me and I'll discuss it with you then.

ITB's are on my list, but not for a while. What brakes is yours running? Brembo HC's and DS2500s?

I wouldn't take it to TDF, lets just say they have been letting themselves down of late, have you seen BIGASH's (James) racer thread? I'll not spend long talking about it on here, but when I see you next remind me and I'll discuss it with you then.

ITB's are on my list, but not for a while. What brakes is yours running? Brembo HC's and DS2500s?

This.

Car looks great Ellen the other evening, love the wheels! I actually had a set myself for my old Cup but the paint quality was poor so sent them back. I'd go for an RS2 as I really rate them, though they wont work as well with 438's as they do with ITB's. So a bit of food for thought there.

Also, I have a carbon bonnet with aerocatches for sale. ;)

Nick

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks decent Ellen. Prefer the standard look though wheels wise.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
dont understand why you are struggling so much on inlet temps, its not a highly tuned car??? and how do you know its that? is there an inlet temp sensor plumbed up?

my reasoning being that a fibreglass bonnet with a vent in it would need to be done very tastefully to not basically ruin the car, and its a lovely looking motor :)

RS 189.9

Yes! We will have a wee chit chat over a yummy burger...(please not a flaming grill)

Coops- Well I thought it was common sense? Its a very squidged in engine.. The few times shes been on the rolling road it has been highlighted that the inlet temperature is alot higher than any other car being ran (not clios). Granted it isnt an issue which is inhibiting power or the health of the engine majorly, but this is what I personally have found, Im sure anyone no matter what car they drive would say it runs better on a cooler day?
The vented fibre glass bonnet serves a few purposes, as well as a freshly sprayed, neat bonnet, it is also a fraction of the weight. My plans are to have my uncle spray the bonnet freshly to match the car and put a small vent on it to get some cooler air to the bay, I am with you in the fact i dont want it to alter the look of the car too much.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Fair play Ellen, i was just intrigued about the methods was all, is there no way a scuttle type induction will fit on the mk 2's? tbh i've not really though about it on the one i have but most of the mk1 boys use the scuttle to get clean cold air into the lump and keep the outside looking o/e :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You know what I think, but anyway, nice thread, shame the pictures are bad quality as it'd be a lovely blog otherwise.

Love the wheels and I actually like how non OEM looking it is, it stands out as being different but doesn't look chavvy (until you give it 7k RPM in first pulling out of the pub ;) )

RS 189.9
Cheers Rob! Unfortunately the best camera I had was the one on my phone so I have done my bet with what I have.
7k ey? Pretty sure I didn't even reach 5! ;)

CLIO 182 CUP
hey cool video. looks simular to my car i have a full cobra system , decat , and made 175 bhp ive had it mapped by stone automotive aswell & put a k tech long filter to behind the battery. going on the same rollers on sat in plymouth hoping for 185 bhp. maybe more lol. You going to any meets it would be cool to get some pics together.