ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical warning light and stalling

Hey all

I've had my Clio for around 5 months now and I've got a very annoying issue.

Once a week or so I get an electrical warning light and the revs go up and down on there own until eventually the car stalls.

I've had issues with the notorious black box near the ecu which i have removed as it was eating my wires and wrapped the cables with electrical tape and duct tape.

I've heard this is problems with the Throttle body and you can resolve this issue by cleaning it. I spoke to my friend who is a mechanic yesterday and he doesn't believe this is going to be the issue at all, and recommends i leave the throttle body well alone.

Oh and just to add, I'm starting to notice that this only happens when its been raining and I've just gained a leak from my sunroof.

Could this be something getting wet?

Can anyone advise of how to fix this issue please, or at least point me in the right direction?