ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electrical faults on my newly owned clio

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
thought id post this up as i know nothing at all about electrics

my clios got a couple of little faults and was wondering if you guys could help trouble shoot them for me

no reverse lights checked bulbs these seem fine but now i need to check fuses and which ever other bits you guys suggest

really BAD radio reception . could this be down to the shark fin airel thats been fitted

airbag/serv light on (read this is a very common fault) whats the best way to trouble shoot this and find out exactly whats wrong without diagnostics

thanks in advance

karl

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
really BAD radio reception . could this be down to the shark fin airel thats been fitted

airbag/serv light on (read this is a very common fault) whats the best way to trouble shoot this and find out exactly whats wrong without diagnostics

radio.... hmmm id like to know as well....

as for airbag light, turn car off. under passenger seat and drivers side, wiggle cables about and connectors. i find 1 single wire on my clio causes the airbag light to come on and its a black (ground) i think. different setups have different variation air bag cables tho.

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
found another fault with the car today heaters only work on 3 n 4 anyone got any idea to help me with this faults

feel like im being ignored ???????????

rs clio 182
found another fault with the car today heaters only work on 3 n 4 anyone got any idea to help me with this faults

feel like im being ignored ???????????
i had a similar problem mate I'd check the heater resistor if you lift bonnet up its just under a panel under the drivers window wiper

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
The reverse light is most likely the gearbox switch, does your rear wiper come on if you put the car into reverse (with the wipers on obv)? If not it's 9/10 times the switch.

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
Thanks on the heater tip I'll try that out tomorrow when I service it

Also confusd by the wiper thing it's do you mean the wiper will activate when I put it in reverse or it won't work at all

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Yes, if the wipers are on i.e intermittent or continuous. and you put the car in reverse the rear wiper should wipe. If it doesn't then it's likely to be the gearbox switch!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
It's definitely the gearbox switch for the reverse lights, it's a problem I had when I first bought my 1.2. I got a garage to do it, and it ended up costing me well over £100, in hindsight i'd try doing it myself, people said it was fairly easy, but you'll lose a bit of gearbox fluid, you can either drain it or try and do it quickly and not lose much.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Also, for really bad radio reception, is that for all stations? I'd say it's normal for reception to be pretty poor. Radio 1 always plays fine for me, but anything else is usually pretty bad, so if that's the same for you I'd say that's normal, from my experience anyway.

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
All stations are crap lol
also seems I need a new switch for my gb then
Traced my seat problem to the drivers side seat and someone pikeying up the wiring when I get the chance I'll just resolder it and heat shrink it

Found out I've got a dodgey cig lighter connection aswell

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
IIRC there are a couple of different gearbox switches available, so if you can get underneath the car and have a look so you know which one is correct! My dCi was a nightmare for trying to get one, because it uses a Laguna box but not a Laguna switch!

I think its a rectangular blue plug on the end with 2 pins, don't quote me on that though!

1.5 dci Expression
I'm glad this has been brought up! First of all, defo reverse switch! (got the same problem). Most certainly the wiring under the seats for the airbag light! (had the same problem) Check the aerial plug in the back of the head unit, the cable hasn't been trapped and the connection to the roof mount!
Must admit, need a reverse switch for mine and not sure which one I need, (think they are colour coded) ! :)

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
can anyone tell me where the reverse switch is and what i need to order to fix it

also found my electrical problem its being fixed on wednesday being resoldered and heatshrinked for safety so shouldnt bother me again

888550_10151549925850930_427304163_o.jpg

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
seems like your clip has every common fault going next will be trottle body senser

the point when that goes ill just be buying a megane with an f7r or f4r and swapping the lot over

i had a megane f7r in the past was a brilliant car even with chunky butt styling