ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault: Hazards, Locking, Sensor?

1.2 16v Dynamique
Hi, I'm not expert with cars but I hope you can bear with me!

Car: 2002 Clio 1.2 16v dynamique

A few weeks ago I set to leave the house and my oil light and the stop light came on, drove down the street and it went off. Pulled over, turned the engine off and tried again, same thing happened. After this happening for a few days i manages to find that up until 2000rpm it was on after being stationary for some time. I used to hold it at 2000rpm parked to test it and it went off so I assumed it was a faulty sensor? (Problem 1)

Week or so later I went to pick up a pizza and parked with my hazards on. When I tried to turn them off, they wouldn't. After a quick search I can see that this may be the common fault with the switch but I'm sure they must be linked? I don't often use my hazards so I forgot about this but remembered earlier and tried them and they did the same, it's down to me pushing the button until they decide they want to turn off. (Problem 2)

When I went to pick my car up earlier I pressed the fob but my drivers door wouldn't unlock. I tried a few times but nothing, went to try the passengers side and it was fine so I had to climb across. When I got home I tried the fob after I tested the hazards and it did the same thing, locking when it choses to lock. Problem 3)

Surely this is an electrical fault somewhere. Does anybody have any idea what this could be? A simple fuse or we looking a little bit more serious?

Damn French electrics.

Thank you for your replies guys, most appreciated!!

Matt.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Wierd one. My key fob stops working but if I take it apart and push the metal tabs up a little to make a better contact it seems to sort it (I try to carry the spare key around with me). If I was you I'd replace the switch and the sensor for the oil light. They shouldn't cost much from somewhere apart from the Renault dealers, try Euro Car Parts or GSF.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Yeh I'll take a look, but I'm sure they must be all linked? I'm not sure what to do about the central locking?

1.2 16v Dynamique
Hi again everyone, I've had more problems, a lot worse this time! My car won't start! :/ I'm turning the key and it's not doing anything, battery is completely dead! Tried jump starting it with my mates car, didn't work, left the battery to charge for about 5-10 minutes didn't work, after having a quick look on here I went and picked up a new battery and installed that but it still won't start! It's a lot better than it was though, it is trying but not kicking in! Lights work, radio, hazards, central locking works but it won't start, any ideas? My only guess is the starter motor? I have zero knowledge with cars so I'm afraid you may need to bear with me! I'll try and get sound recording uploaded so you can hear it trying to start up. Thank you for your help guys it's greatly appreciated!

Matt

1.2 16v Dynamique
Here is a sound clip of it trying to start after a new battery.

[video=vimeo;17348929]http://www.vimeo.com/17348929[/video]

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Matt