ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ELECTRIC WINDOW CABLES, HELP!!!

hi, ive got a 2000 clio 172 mk1, i opened the drivers side window the other day and as it went down it made a horrible clunking noise and when i tried to do it back up i again had this noise but the window would not come up, luckily i managed to yank it up with my hands.

ive taken the door card off and found the problem, where the motor turns and winds the cables to take the window up or down, the cables have come off the runner and jammed up. ive unjammed the cables (which are slightly damaged) but have no idea how and which way to attempt to rewind these cables up and to make it worse the cables have also come unattached from the window end too! :(

ive spoke to renault and they say u cant just buy new cables u have to buy a whole new motor complete with cables which is £191 and fitted £260!!!this is annoying as the motor is fine.

has anyone had this problem or similar? if i could get a diagram of how the cables go i would attempt to bend the old cables back to shape and try to re-wind them and see if that works before i have to spend £260!!!!

any help or advise would be great :)

GSF - Window Regulator - £65 ish from memory

R87319 ELEC WIND MECH-LH CLIO 98> 3 DOOR 67.00
R87320 ELEC WIND MECH-RH CLIO 98> 3 DOOR 67.00

Lionel Richie

speak to j3ned, hes MUCH cheap than anyone, i had the exact same problem on mine, it cost me less than £60

I had this on my passenger side last year and now have it on my driver side now. PM j3ned for the part. Its a bit fiddly, but its just a case of removing door cards, unclipping the windows, removing old motor and then doing that back up in reverse.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

I have new ones at £70 + vat .........£7 delivery - they come complete,with all the fitting instructions and a 12 month guarantee. A used one is £45 + vat

can have you one there for tommorow morning ( wed 24th )

does anyone have a number i can reach j3ned on so i can get one of these window things off of him????????????????