ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric power steering pump......

21 Turbo
I understand the mk1 Clio diesels had electric power steering pumps, anyone know how they worked? The Corsa one uses a 'brain' on the rack which I'm guessing senses load and alters how much fluid to feed the rack.

I'm looking for a simple all in one, to continuously feed the rack and pref have a + & - wiring configuration only.

It's for my 21 Turbo build. It's not far off completion but the STD PAS pump is belt driven, weighs at least 3 house bricks and is situated at furthest and lowest point forward on car.

Thanks in advance of any help
Lee

Megane dci 130
Yep saxo or 106. All PAS models have the electric hydraulic system. Also get the relay from the 'doner' car aswell.

21 Turbo
Cheers big ears....having done some research the Kangoo one and Zafira/Astra might be better suited given that the reservoir is part of the pump.

Either way a great help thanks

182cup & 172 racecar
Saxo is all together as well.
http://burpspeed.com/Burpspeed/Build/Entries/2009/11/18_P.A.S..html
Photo-0374-1.jpg