ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Sportlines or RSXs for Track Day Car

Clio 182
Hi All,

I've searched around and read more threads than I care to think about as I try and decide what to do with the suspension setup for my 182 ff track day car. The car is hardly used on the road so I don't care about a bumpy ride, I just want to try and get the best set up I can for the track.

From reading around I think I would now go with a set of ASTs if I had the money but I can't justify spending £1600. I've also read a good things about KW V2's but they seem to be getting on towards £1200. It doesn't sound like there is much point buying cheap coliovers for what I want because they aren't really any better than the standard cup set up so I'm thinking of either stretching out to buy these new Spax RSX track coilovers at around the £800 mark or buying new standard cup shocks and adding some eibach sportline springs which would come to less than £400.

The questions I have are has anyone given eibach sportlines a good thrash on a track and if so how did they compare to standard springs? And have people given these track RSXs with rear coilovers a good go now and are they that much better than the standard setup? I'm just trying to decide whether it is worth the extra money for these Spax coliovers or whether the new shocks and eibachs will make almost as much improvement.

Any advice would be welcome... I'm at Donninton in 2 weeks and I would like them fitted by then so I need to order ASAP

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im off to Snet tomorrow with the new type RSX fitted, ill let you know :)

RSX's, Sportlines are too soft for a trackday car. Just replaced my Sportlines with RSX's. There quite abit stiffer!

Clio 182
RSX's, Sportlines are too soft for a trackday car. Just replaced my Sportlines with RSX's. There quite abit stiffer!

Do you reckon they are worth the extra £400 though? Are they that much better on the track?

Do you reckon they are worth the extra £400 though? Are they that much better on the track?

If your going to do more than 5 trackdays a year there defiantly worth it, they have adjustable damping so you can fine tune the handling. Sportlines handle allot better than standard suspension, just too soft and don't offer any adjustment.