ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Sportline vs Cooksport Spring Photos

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
I've had a quick look on the forum but can't find any photos to look at the two different drops from the springs compared to OEM. Does anyone have a photo of a standard car before and after the fitting of either the Cooksports or Eibach Sportlines please?

I really can't decide what to go for between the two as both seem to get good reviews on here. They will be fitted along with new 182 cup shocks.

Do the Cooksports drop them too low to make jacking and getting underneath a PITA?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
No before pics, but this is Eibach sportlines with cup shocks.

IMG_5906.JPG

IMG_5905.JPG

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
IMG_1044.JPG
H@r are a worthy look too imo. Seemed to get missed out but I'd happily recommend them to anyone
No spacers, 38 wheels

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Thank you very much for the photos everyone :up:

I've got H&R's on the X at the moment and they have a nice drop and improve the roll nicely. What's the cheapest anyone has seen the H&R's for?

The H&R's look a similar drop to the Eibach from the above photos, and the Cooksports drop a little more still?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
H&r drop more at the front, well on mine anyway. I know this as I put cooksports on my old inferno which Toby @realnumber 1 owns and i think no spacers with standard wheels.

The standard wheels on the front would look lost on my car, hence why I have et38 wheels

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll have to see if I can find a pic of the Inferno for a look.

What wheels are yours? They look well on the car :up:

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Thanks for posting that Toby :up:

Can you get away without spacers on the Cooksports do you think? I don't fancy running spacers to be honest, but obviously don't want any rubbing issues.

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
In fact, the more I think about it the more I'm swaying towards the Eibach Sportlines. I think that's what I will give a go unless the H&R are a comparable price.

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Just another quick question without searching on here (where I should really), but the drops on the website put the Eibach Sportlines as lowering more that the cooksport. Is that right?

Their website says a front and rear drop of 3cm, and the cooksport site says a front drop of 2.5cm and a rear drop of 3cm. Is that correct?

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Thank you kindly. That's what it looks like in the photos as well as what other people have said over the years. I guess cooksport need to update their front drop on the website then? Who knows!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I wanted coilovers but was tight. I bought sportlines. They didn't drop how I was expecting. Bought coilovers.

Had cooksports, drop was ace. Didn't buy coilovers, tracked the car. Was too soft for my heroic driving ability. Sold the car. Not because of that lol

Have h&r the drop is good, not sold the car and have owned my rb for twelve months. Shocked. Yes.

If I was to change again it would be for b14's.

That's an example of three cars I've owned and own

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
I wanted coilovers but was tight. I bought sportlines. They didn't drop how I was expecting. Bought coilovers.

Had cooksports, drop was ace. Didn't buy coilovers, tracked the car. Was too soft for my heroic driving ability. Sold the car. Not because of that lol

Have h&r the drop is good, not sold the car and have owned my rb for twelve months. Shocked. Yes.

If I was to change again it would be for b14's.

That's an example of three cars I've owned and own
:smile:

I wish I could stretch to coilovers but I think my girlfriend would kill me, seriously! I'd go straight in for the B14's no questions asked really.

In all honesty I'm not too fussed about the drop, I just don't want to go too low that it's silly and affect access with a jack and making life simple. A little lower than standard would be nice though. It's more a case that the cup coils are stupidly expensive so it'll have to be something after-market really.

And not tracked the rb because shiny

Get it out so you can let me know how they go on track! :wink:

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Having had both they pretty much are the same too lol.. For the sheer fact that my cooksport snapped after about 2 years and 5k I'd say Sportlines all day though.

I have seen other posts about the cooksports snapping, which was a little concern to be honest.

dan's cast offs.
coating last a lot longer on the h&r :wink:

either people tell porkies about how long they've been on for or the coating doesn't last well. wife's h&r been on for well over 50,000 miles and still in good condition.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Cooksports are lower than sportlines. Sportlines are more comfortable than cooksports. Both will be fine for road use and will have no jacking problems.

I always find that cooksports lower the rear perfectly on the ph2s but the fronts always seem too high in comparison.