ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eibach lowering springs

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
thinking of getting some lowering springs, eibach ones i think.

what drop do they give?front and back if anyone can help or has them

cheers

ITB BG 182
which ever you go for wait a couple of weeks because im currently in talk with eibach uk about a group buy for between both sets of pros/sport lines.

clio 172 cup
will these improve the handling alot? or just lower it? how much are they? is it better to save up and get coilovers? i only do one track day a year

do the pros drop 15mm from stand ie i have a cup pack is this 15mm lower than this ?

Cup suspension is only 5mm lower than standard iirc, so it should appear slightly lower, but its been said. its not about height with these. its about handling and the difference is apparently top notch.

Cooper S JCW
I fitted a new set of Eibach Sportlines to my cup packed 182 2 days ago. Handling is superb and the drop is about 30-35mm on my set!

182, Golf
I have pros on my car and it dramatically improves the handling. There is less roll and the steering and turn in is quicker. It only lowers the car slightly, more so on the front but overall a very good spring.

clio 172 cup
im interested but whats the price? i mean before the group buy but i will be interested in a group buy

id be interested too but im not a sport owner so would be looking to get some sportlines suitable for a 1.2 16v 52 reg.

if you can get them with any discount then great!

they are on my "to save up for" list anyways, so if you cant get non sport ones in the group buy then no worries :) no harm in asking though :)

jamie

182BG
i have a 182 cup, i want to get some, but i would prefer if my car only got lowered upto about 25mm at the most, would i be better going for the pro's or the sportlines??

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Wish I'd waited for the group buy! Bought some Sportlines last week and had them fitted last Tuesday. After reading this thread, I thought it maight help if I showed you what mine now looks like on Sportlines to help anyone decisions:

394340111_22728c711d_b.jpg

The handling is superb with them and I reckon the drop realistically after a week is about 25mm, maybe slightly more. Certainly not a huge drop but its a nice one IMO. Just takes that slightly 'on stilts' look away and if you look at some standard cars after this pic you will see the difference.

Hope this helps....

Last edited:
  mini cooper (RIP 172)
right then i think i want some sport lines!

so on my 172 how much drop? 30mm?

how is the car over speed bumps ect?

and will the wheels rub when fully loaded with people? (not that i do often)

thanks

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
right then i think i want some sport lines!

so on my 172 how much drop? 30mm?

how is the car over speed bumps ect?

and will the wheels rub when fully loaded with people? (not that i do often)

thanks

Mine is a 172 just with 182 wheels, which are identical in diameter to the standard 172 wheels, so your drop will be the same as above visually. Speed bumps are not a problem at all as the Clio sits fairly high to begin with I reckon. Not had a full load in mine yet but I'm 99% sure there will be no issues as there's still loads of clearance. I've read in many places that people with 17's still don't have problems with these springs. Well worth it in my opinion...

mini cooper (RIP 172)
Thanks Silverfox, i think i might have to invest in some then!

your ur looks great by the way!!