ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ehaust pop 182

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
Does anyone on here who owns a 182 with a aftrer market exhaust, de-cat ect get any poping and banging???

ST
My old Yozzasport cat back when properly heated up would give a nice burble on overun/down change...tho popping and banging isn't really something that happens to a standard 182 with an after market exhaust even with a decat...

Tho IIRC the GDI 182 with their own cat back and decat on pops bangs and shoots flames..

C

clvs2222

iv got a longlife exhuast with a sports cat on it. iv the choke is on, and you give it a dab with your right foot, then it causes back pressure and releases a pop when i change gear, but stops when the choke is not on. also if im giving it welly and it limits in first, then it sometimes bangs. my cars an alchoholic and loves a drink though, lol.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Yes, yozza when hot does make some fantastic sounds. Esp when linked with a Maxogen;)

I didnt even think "chokes" existed anymore on new cars

the ECU just used different sensors to calculate how much air and fuel so pump in

Suppose in essence it is still a choke though :)

2002 172
yozza got a website? i dont want to be paying massive amounts for an exhaust.

sorry for the hijack

2002 172
never said it did, but i cant see it making THAT much difference on a N/A car. anything's got to be better than a standard system...

2002 172
my old mk2 golf gti used to pop like a b*****d and it was still a 2 box stainless system, only on gear change at high revs but sounded awesome

BMW M135i
I didnt even think "chokes" existed anymore on new cars

the ECU just used different sensors to calculate how much air and fuel so pump in

Suppose in essence it is still a choke though :)
It doesn't, theres a cold start map which makes it run much richer than the normal running map. Gives the same function as a choke in effect but its not quite a stone age.

My magnex pops away nicely when its warm, have a good while on the motorway at 70 and it'll pop like a good un for a while. It constantly burbles as well, lovely sound and quality just a pitty about the look and fit.

BMW M135i
^ Wicked, your a clever bugger arnt you!

Closed loop when cold, open when hot? or is that the wrong way lol :S

Other way round, open when cold as its ignoring the reading from the lambda sensor and running the set values in the map. Hence why they run rough as fvck from cold.

When its warmed up sufficiently it switches to closed loop whereby it uses the reading from the lamdba sensor to alter the mixture to ensure a correct burn. Its termed closed loop as the reading from the lambda alters the mixture and the mixture used alters the lambda reading which again in turn alters the mixture as/if necessary.