ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Edge Automotive re-trimmed 172 steering wheel

Sprint 172
Edge Automotive have been building up quite a reputation for high quality car re-trimming (you might have seen some of the complete 197 re-trims they have done) so I asked Steve to re-trim my melting 172 wheel - his first, probably not last! I opted for BMW Napa leather which is a sort of black/dark grey with a hint of blue, so should match the car perfectly, along with silver stitching. As I supplied serviceable thumbgrips, I opted to have them covered in 3M Di-NOC, the newer 1080 series carbon film. I'm very impressed with the quality and can't wait to see it on the car tomorrow. Price was a very reasonable £130.
wheel4.jpg

wheel3.jpg

wheel2.jpg

wheel1.jpg

For those who might want Steve to have a look at their own wheels that have broken or missing thumbgrips, he will have a solution for this soon. Check out www.edgeautomotive.co.uk for samples of his work.

If you want to see my wheel in the flesh, grab me at CSS. I'll have the Monaco 172 with one side on axle stands (yes, I'm prepared for abuse!).

RS Clio 182
That looks very nice indeed, might give him a shout. Been thinking about getting mine done for awhile and at that price seems spot on

BG 182
Looks nice matey. How he made the thumb grips? And what's the leather colour match like to the existing interior?

Sprint 172
Looks nice matey. How he made the thumb grips? And what's the leather colour match like to the existing interior?

My thumbgrips were OK. I think he might be making GRP replacements for when existing grips are missing or damaged. These can then be trimmed or carbon'd like mine. Leather looked spot on to the old steering wheel colour - I'll know more tonight when I put it on the car.

Clio 172
Very tidy job that mate. love the thumbgrips. Mines starting to go and i'm unsure whether to get it re-trimmed or just buy an OMP Targa 330mm
omp-targa-od-2005-nn.jpg

Sprint 172
Looks awesome. Fantastic price too, How bad/good were your thumbgrips?

One was unusable, the other had a couple of splits but OK to use.

And fitted...
wheel.jpg

For some reason the flash makes the airbag look more blueish - but it's hard to tell it apart from the wheel colour under normal lighting.

182 Turbo Project
It would look better if it matched with the centre of the wheel a bit more. However, I don't know how much the photo exaggerates this!

Not to keen on the carbon parts, if I was getting it done I think I would go for Alcantara...

Mmmmmmm Alcantara...