ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU mapping out those warning lights on the dash

Desmoben1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 ph2
As the title suggests... Rebuilding my trackday 172 from the ground up and ripping out a fair bit as I go along. My question is (if I intend using the standard Renault ECU).. is it possible to remap it to remove those annoying airbag, traction, seatbelt, emissions, etc..... warning lights offa da dash??
There is also the slight possibility that I’d want to continue to MOT it. Don’t know what it’s like in the UK ...but In Ireland, the testers watch the sequence of timing when the warning lamps switch off as the car is started.... to check if it’s been messed with or if any symbols don’t illuminate when they should.
I don’t mean to be rude - but, in an attempt to keep this thread short and purposeful ..... I would prefer only answers from contributors who can actually answer the question with some knowledge on the subject.

Many thanks,

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
You should be able to disable airbag, abs and asr lights off the dash with clip. Leave rear lambda in and resistor in carbon canister wiring to keep eml off

Desmoben1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 ph2
You should be able to disable airbag, abs and asr lights off the dash with clip. Leave rear lambda in and resistor in carbon canister wiring to keep eml off
okay, I’m going to put my hands up and acknowledge that I am an ignominious. What is clip please?

dan's cast offs.
You can remove the abs and as long as you remove all of it it's a pass. All you'd need to do is recombobulate the uch so it doesn't look for abs etc.